The new kitchen is almost done! All that is left is:
- install under cabinet lighting
- install flooring (entire house!!)
- wire island for electrical
- vent piping for hood over stove
- apply a few more coats of polyurethane on the island
Aside from the flooring, this is the basic idea for how it will look. I think my favorite features are the faucet, the marble counters and the walnut island.
Our new hardwood floors are an ongoing nightmare. Due to problems in milling the wood, our original installation date of April 29 has been delayed until mid-June (if we are lucky). Meanwhile, we are sort of getting used to living in a disaster zone (think no floor and no furniture). 🙂